Our Gehan Home is less than 4 years old. The windows Gehan installs are made of the cheapest materials. The glass is micro-thin (you will hear everything and heating/cooling is nono-exisitent) and the vinyl framing is already breaking down. BUT even worse is we have 3 windows which are leaking into the house. Our sheetrock is falling off the walls (pics attached - now are even worse). We’ve tried to contact Gehan; good luck. Calls go unreturned and they will only reply via email that, ‘your 1 year warranty has expired.’ We got the window manufacturer out and they confirmed the windows are strucuturally fine but the installation is not. Hmm....I wonder who installed them. So I’m looking at $5,000 to have windows re-installed.
We also had to have $700 worth of A/C repairs done as the installation of our A/C was done poorly. Several coolant lines were clearly pinched which grew into leaks. Our A/C bills soared unexpectedly until we had it fixed. Gehan Homes didn’t care to hear a word as ‘your warranty has expired.’ Hmm...who installed the A/C?
We continue to get squirrels and rodents in our attic. Climbing onto the roof it is very clear significant gaps were left between the roof line and easements and left unsealed. The gap is large enough I can fit my arm in it. Another $400 to fix all gaps.
I would never buy a Gehan Home again. They want to piece together a ‘structure’, get your money, and run. I have seen better construction out of TuffSheds at Home Depot. I tell every person I see/hear who is considering a Gehan Home to seriously rethink it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Inability to provide nor stand behind a quality home
You May Also Like
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "I am entering my 8th month on the project and still do not have a completed bathroom. There have been continual mistakes along the way- faucets plumbed wrong, electrical outlet..."
- "This man claims to have went to harvard when in fact he has not. He only has a master's certificate. He has never stepped one foot in hardvard. He claims..."
- "They manipulated our physical and mental state of mind by making us wait for well over 6 hours with no meals and two small children. Once we were mentally exhausted..."
- "Please save your money and spend it elsewhere. This company is extremely unreliable and unethical. I ordered a custom wig priced at over $500 and the company assured me they..."