Our Gehan Home is less than 4 years old. The windows Gehan installs are made of the cheapest materials. The glass is micro-thin (you will hear everything and heating/cooling is nono-exisitent) and the vinyl framing is already breaking down. BUT even worse is we have 3 windows which are leaking into the house. Our sheetrock is falling off the walls (pics attached - now are even worse). We’ve tried to contact Gehan; good luck. Calls go unreturned and they will only reply via email that, ‘your 1 year warranty has expired.’ We got the window manufacturer out and they confirmed the windows are strucuturally fine but the installation is not. Hmm....I wonder who installed them. So I’m looking at $5,000 to have windows re-installed.
We also had to have $700 worth of A/C repairs done as the installation of our A/C was done poorly. Several coolant lines were clearly pinched which grew into leaks. Our A/C bills soared unexpectedly until we had it fixed. Gehan Homes didn’t care to hear a word as ‘your warranty has expired.’ Hmm...who installed the A/C?
We continue to get squirrels and rodents in our attic. Climbing onto the roof it is very clear significant gaps were left between the roof line and easements and left unsealed. The gap is large enough I can fit my arm in it. Another $400 to fix all gaps.
I would never buy a Gehan Home again. They want to piece together a ‘structure’, get your money, and run. I have seen better construction out of TuffSheds at Home Depot. I tell every person I see/hear who is considering a Gehan Home to seriously rethink it.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Inability to provide nor stand behind a quality home
You May Also Like
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "Do Not buy a Dr Horton Home! They knew about faulty water pipes well before they sold us our home in 2012. They couldn't care less about the damage..."
- " In the beginning of 2015, I attempted to pay some of my grocery bill at a Walmart and they would not count my less than $9 in change..."
- "Had a horrible experience with Mantruk movers. Had a move from NC to Ok. Upon arrival most of our furniture was scratched dented or broke. Spoke to Ernest who told..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."
- "I went on to order 2 pieces of pet fillable jewelry for my 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl. I ordered this keychain for my son it was on sale..."
- " I went to krispy Kreme in yakima washington bought a dozen of doughnuts and 1 day later noticed there were maggots , There was a maggot on the last..."