Update by user Jul 31

Earnest money check mailed back.

Update by user Jul 31

Update: within 48hours of this post I received a call from Gehan management and I explained the whole situation to them. They agreed to refund the earnest money deposit in full and within a week from then I received the check in the mailbox. Appreciate the swift response on this!

Original review posted by user Jun 19

I signed a contract on Saturday 7:00PM, and after going home changed my mind and Monday morning 11:00 AM requested to cancel the contract.

I AGREE - I was a first time homebuyer and shouldn't have done that. But this one guy - Charles (Chuck) Farham (Inverness Estate, Houston) - biggest liar on earth kept promising me that they will refund the money and kept trying to lure me to buy another house with them. After a lot of thinking and back and forth we did not end up buying a house. I submitted the 'Earnest Money' release form and he said they will mail the check to you. One week, Two week, Two months! Nothing. 3 emails, 3 phone calls, 2 VMs and ultimately going over to his office - "Oh yeaa they are not going to return the money". When I ask him to give me some contact to speak to about this - "Oh I dont have any number. Its the 'Management'!"

You wont be building a castle with my $2000, but the claim you put on yourself of being the best in customer service is utter nonsense! You try to fool naive people and keep them in dark. This guy knew they were stealing from me and that's why kept trying to avoid me. I could care less about the money but you need to be human to do business as well. The Monday I walked in to cancel you could have said sorry but since there was a contract we could not refund it. But he kept fooling me trying to shove an overpriced house on me and claiming they will refund it for sure.

You can be the best and most beautiful community in the country but you need to learn people skills and basic humanity to be successful. You can steal the $2000 for all I care but I got my lesson on how cheap and cheat builders can be.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gehan Homes Home Buying.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Transparency.

Comments