Turnaround Time

We spent many months searching for the correct new home to purchase. We choice the dream house Laurel by Gehan which turned out to be a nightmare.

Gehan offered a "super shower" as a promotion. To make this shower before the foundation a form is dug out for a space to make a mud set shower. This was a major promotion and was why we purchased the house when we did. The promotion was one month only.

01/15/18 my wife and I went to see if Gehan had started doing anything. To our surprise the foundation was finished at first we happy. We walked the new area we found out no dug out space so no mud set shower which you step into could be made. Many other problems such as no space in the kitchen for a desk and all the frame was finger studs.

The house next door same model had no finger studs. We made many suggestions so we could keep this house or choice a different lot and start over. Gehan refuse take it or leave it. So we requested to get our $500 down payment.

We were told it would take 4-6 weeks.

After 2months I called the salesman who informed me I would get no refund. If you buy from Gehan you are taking a big risk and will not be treated fare.

Review about: Gehan Homes Laurel House Construction.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

one day after I wrote this letter I heard from Gehan. They agreed to refund my down payment.

Today one week later I just received a check which refunded my down payment. We are happy and agree this was only a misunderstanding.